2009-1 Release Notes*** If you use Python scripting then you will need to enable the 'Enable Python Scripting' policy which has been introduced and is disabled by default. ***
- Perspectives : The GUI client has been completly transformed making it 'repository-centric' with a perspective for each role.
- Merge Paths : Specify that changes need to be merged from one stream to another. Submitted changesets in the source stream can either be flagged as pending merge or automatically merged.
- Quick Merge All Changesets : Previously a changeset could only be quick merged (not requiring a workspace) if the bases of all files matched. All changesets can now be quick merged launching the Resolve Tool for any conflicts.
- Workspace Rebasing : An existsing workspace can be 'rebased' so it is based on a different stream.
- Light workspaces : Light workspaces do not store file revisions in the workspace database. This makes the workspace database smaller in size and quicker to create.
- Ability to delete a stream when it contains a source component.
- 'Enable Python Scripting' policy
- Don't conflict when integrated a file move and the file is being edited in the workspace.
- If file type is unknown then assume to be 'application/generic' rather than 'text/plain'.
- Include default description when rolling back a changeset in a workspace.
- Support non-empty stream folder deletes (all child streams will be deleted).
- Adding Files Options : Add 'binary tolerance' percent option.
- Add issue URL control.
- Users are able to open issue attachments when not the issue owner.
- Unintegrated changesets appear in workspace 'Submitted Changesets' list.
- New License Check Dialog.
- GUI will prompt if a new release is available.
- Workspace Friendly Name : Sensible default to last folder name.
- Warn when unchanged files reverted before submit.
- GUI : Refresh 'My Issues' when selected.
- Delete Repository Dialog should inform users what will happen.
- Ability to add a component from a stream folder.
- Better message when needing to resolve a conflict after updating the workspace.
- Add 'Check All' and 'Uncheck All' buttons to Check Consistency Wizard.
- Deleting a current changesets will ask if you want to revert the change items.
- GUI Options : Add 'Reset' button for all stored windows sizes/positions and 'Dont Show this Message again' prompts.
- Current changesets expandable in the tree. Selecting an item launches the diff window to show edits.
- Spacebar checks/unchecks selected checkable items.
- Clear default current changeset description after shelving.
- Merge Changes Wizard : When selecting changeset(s) default to the 'normal' streams view rather than stream hierarchy.
- Better error message when deleting files during revert.
- Repository importer : Refresh GUI on completion.
- Update workspace status in background when GUI does not have focus.
- Update workspace status when a workspace is refreshed.
- Issue attachments 'Save As' uses default name.
- 'Integrated Changesets' has been renamed to 'Submitted Changesets'
Visual Studio Plug-In (SCC) Enhancements
- New SCC 'Delete Launches Changeset Dialog' option.
- Warn that when checking unchecked files in Submit Dialog that Visual Studio will need refreshing.
Command Line Enhancements
- Implement 'pcm file move' (which also implements folder moves).
- Add 'pcm admin events' max count parameter.
- Add the ability to specify the workspace database location for 'pcm workspace add'.
- 'pcm server setdetails' handles the --userpass param without the --passauth param.
- All 'pcm *** delete' commands require a confirmation.
- Potential hangs when submitting large files.
- Poor performance when submitting large files.
- SCC doesn't seem to shutdown cleanly.
- 'Multiple Checkout' policy is disabled and a file has been submitted but also changed in your local workspace (without checkout). PureCM gets in a loop trying to check the file out but saying it can;t because it is out of date.
- Merge Tool can ruin the indentation.
- Cannot resolve conflicts when merging a file which is checked out.
- SCC Issue Dialog should only be available if the user has the 'Issue User' policy enabled.
- Rollback a renamed folder creates duplicate folders in the workspace.
- Changeset Dialog status bar is sometimes not displaying correctly.
- Workspace statuses are not being refreshed in the background when the GUI does not have focus.
- File History description description splitter is sometimes being set to 0.
- Dont hide the tree double clicking the main splitter.
- Fix bug when rolling back folder deletes.
- Don't reset the Changeset Dialog diff splitter positions when switching between files.
- Merge Changes Wizard : Fix bug where user selects a destination stream then goes back and changes it.
- Repository importer : Fix zero time bug when submitting miscellaneous changes.
- Repository importer : Don't submit *.scc files.
- Unable to add a file with the same name as a file deleted in the parent stream.
- Errors when merging folder deletes.